Horizon 2020 research and innovation program
Horizon 2020 is the EU Research and Innovation program with nearly €80 billion over the years 2014-2020 for:
producing world-class science and technology
removing barriers to innovation
facilitating cooperation between sectors in delivering solutions to big challenges facing our society.
H2020 will be followed by Horizon Europe with the biggest ever budget of €100 billion being launched in January 2021.
Horizon 2020 funding is available through 19 thematic Work Programmes and over 300 individual calls managed and submitted via central Funding and Tenders Portal in English.
Research and Innovation Actions (RIA): basic and applied research, technology development and integration, prototyping, testing, demonstrating, piloting, product validation and market replication
Coordination and Support actions (CSA): standardization, dissemination, awareness-raising and communication, networking, policy dialogues and mutual learning exercises and studies.
Project size: ca 0,5 -25 mln EUR
Funding rate: RIA and CSA 100%, IA 70% or 100% (for non-profit sector)
Time to grant: ca 8 months from submission
CRITERIA FOR SUCCESS
Research idea or innovative solution applying state of the art technologies
Consortium composed of international partners covering the value chain from science to market (R&D organizations, tech companies, pilot partners, end-users)
Impact in solving European level social and economic challenges
OPEN CALLS AND DEADLINES
- European Green Deal call (26.01.2021): link to call
- European Cluster Excellence Programme with ClusterXchange scheme connecting ecosystems and cities (02.02.2021): link to call
- Co-financing of public procurement of innovation consortia (08.06.2021): link to call
- Creating Links for the Facilitation of Public Procurement of Innovation (25.02.2021): link to call
- Strategic alliances for the uptake of advanced technologies by SMEs (02.02.2021): link to call
- Innovation uptake and digitalization in the tourism sector (11.02.2021): link to call
Full-list of specific topics opened under each work program is presented in the document below.